Important take outs from this article:
• Shopify page speed directly affects conversions and revenues.
• This is a page on tips to improve your Shopify page speed.
• Measuring site speed for Shopify is unique to any other speed measurement tool.
In this article we discuss
• The importance of site speed
• Conversion and how speed affects your goals
• UX : speed & customer service
• SEO and analytics: speed & quality traffic
• Content : speed & loyalty
• Apps : speed & adding features
The importance of site speed
It’s no secret that a slow website results in low SEO ranking and disgruntled customers which both lead to poor performance for your business.
We question the google pagespeed tool and its relevancy here but as a general overview it is worth recognising some of their stats. Think With Google data for page loading speeds on mobile websites shows how dramatically page load speed can affect your bounce rate:
• 1-3 seconds: the probability of bounce increases 32%
• 1-5 seconds: increases 90%
• 1-6 seconds: increases 106%
• 1-10 seconds: increases 123%
We talk more about the importance of speed here
Conversion and how speed affects your goals
For the all the effort and emphasis that is put on building brand experinces, one truth has stood the test of time, slow websites return soaring bounce rates. And losing visitors not only loses you conversions and therefore business revenue, but also brand reputation. Peer 2 peer recommendations won’t come without a fast experience.
UX : speed & customer service
SEO and analytics: speed & quality traffic
Content : speed & loyalty